About our client:
Our client is one of the leading Life Insurance & Investment company in Malaysia. As part of an international financial services group, the client offers a range of life insurance products in Malaysia including endowment plans, investment-linked plans, term life plans, and medical plans.
About your role:
- Supervision of all Network engineers (Server engineers, Operating System engineers, Network engineers) and serve as a mentor/development advisor.
- Provides technical support and maintains operating systems (Windows and AIX), servers and networks such as switches, load balancer, network optimizer, backup system and power management system.
- Maintain the reliability and functionality of the data backup (backup and restore) and recovery environment, performance tuning, capacity management and Disaster Recovery.
- Ensure constant security and risk mitigation within IT infrastructure environment.
- IT Assets Management, Budget Management, IT Documentation Management and Vendor Management.
- Communicate effectively on incident status, service request and problem resolution,
Ensure and enforce compliance and adherence to IT goals, policy, and procedures.
Criteria to meet:
- Degree in Computers Science/Information Technology or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 – 6 years working experience as Network Infrastructure Lead and providing 2nd level support.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal in English.
- Candidate must have a good understanding of IT Governance with the ability to identify and manage IT risks.
- IT Resource Management VMware, SAN Storage, Networks (LAN, WAN), Servers (Win, Linux) and Active Directory.
- Knowledge of IaaS, Cloud Services is a plus.
- FSI background is a plus.